Friday, October 28, 2011

Friday update

I am still waiting to hear back from Dr. Fearon in Dallas.  I am a little surprised that I haven't heard from him because other parents I have read about on the site cranio kids heard back from him within 24 hours.  So I can take it as, his head isn't that bad and so he doesn't feel an urgency to get back to us, he's on vacation, or he's been so busy fixing other babies heads that I should just calm down (with hand motion, this goes back to college days with my friend Autumn).  At any rate, I did contact Gillette Children's hospital in Minneapolis today to have a consult with Dr. Wood.  We have decided to meet with him to see what he has to say and I am going to have a ton of questions for him as well.  We are currently scheduled for November 29 (the day before Andrew's surgery, perfect timing insert sarcasm), but they are hoping to move us up.  Dr. Wood is on vacation the first two weeks of November, so hopefully we can get up there before that.  I also have a CT scan scheduled for Lucas on the 15th of November, but I will most likely push this back as well.  Reason for that, Dr. Fearon has done 25 studies where a CT scan isn't necessary and he doesn't want to expose a child to radiation.  Lucas has already had three tests where he has been exposed to radiation, so if we can get away without having a CT scan, I am all for that!  So we continue to wait and pray that all goes well. 

No comments: