Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Another baby boy!

That's right we are having another boy!!  We did not find out what we were having with Andrew or Jacob, but decided to with this one.  My life changed with losing the baby, especially how it all happened, in March.  Going from not even planning to get pregnant, to finding out we are, to having an ectopic pregnancy, and it rupturing is a life changing event.  At any rate we were in the ultrasound room and the tech asked us if we were finding out.  I looked at John (because I wanted him to make the decision if we were going to find out this time) and asked him what he thought and he still wasn't sure.  I told the tech I was pretty sure it was a boy again because of how active the baby is.  So the tech proceeded to do the ultrasound.  She then came to a point where she obviously knew what the baby was and said, well do you want to know?  I looked at John again and he said ok, let's find out.  The tech said you were right, its a boy!  I was so excited and so was John.  Don't get me wrong, I would have been happy with a girl, but I just feel like I was destined to be a mom to boys :-)

Speaking of boys, our neighborhood (which I call the horseshoe) has 13 boys 5 and under.  One boy who is 8, one girl who is 6, and two teenage girls.  Of course we are due with a boy sometime the end of March.  A gal who lives across the street who has a 2 year old boy is due with a boy a week before me, and a neighbor on the corner is due the beginning of March with her first...a GIRL!  Needless to say, the boys in the neighborhood will not have any problems finding friends.  so when all the babies are born in March there will 15 boys under the age of 6!  That is insane, but what a fun neighborhood to live in.  I know we want to build a house in the next 5-10 years, so it will be hard to leave a neighborhood with so many kids (especially boys) our sons age.  However, our house isn't getting any bigger and it is a dream of ours to build.

3 comments:

steve and pam said...

Hooray for boys!! We are really excited too!

Jodi said...

So happy for you guys!!!!

Con said...

Jut catching on up with all ur posts congrats.. U both make beautiful boys... :) how fun it sound slike in ur neighborhood for the boys to share all there new friends they can meet