Monday, May 10, 2010

Busy and fun weekend

We had quite a fun and busy weekend!  Saturday started the day with Andrew sleeping in and Jakey and I making a cake for my co workers son's graduation party.  It was an oreo stuffed chocolate covered cake.  It was delish.  If I was thinking I would have taken a picture.  I guess that means I need to make it again.  Then I ran some errands and went to the graduation party.  It was a super nice party and had nice conversation.  We then went down to Tulip Time in Pella.  We got to meet up with grandma and grandpa Haase and watched the parade, saw Uncle Paul, and ate many delicious Dutch treats.  Awesome.   Sunday was great!  My gift, OK besides the flowers and stuff from my favorite spa, was a 2 1/2 hour nap.  NICE!  It was fabulous.  We then went to dinner in Ames at Valentinos.  Again delicious.  So the amount of calories I consumed this weekend was ridiculous, but oh so worth it! 
So its back to work today, ho hum.  However, only 2 more Mondays!!!  AND a month from yesterday I will be in Charleston with two of my bestest girlfriends for a girls only weekend!!  WOO HOO.
Another fun thing, my friend Amy is due in September with her second baby!  She has a girl right now, and is running a contest on her blog to see who can guess what the sex of this baby is.  I think its going to be a girl. But whatever she has, I am sure will be as perfect and cute as Miss Lilly is.  Congratulations again Amy and Dave!

1 comment:

Amy@My Front Porch said...

I love Tulip Time! We didn't go this year and i was so sad :(

Can't wait to see you at the park this summer!!